This week on the Duct Tape marketing agency Podcast, I chat with Shep Hyken. He is the Chief Amazement Officer of Shepard Presentations and the author of the upcoming book The Convenience Revolution: How to Deliver a Customer Service Experience That Disrupts the Competition and Creates Fierce Loyalty.
Hyken’s previous books have been New York Times and Washington Post bestsellers. He is also a prolific speaker, having been inducted into the National Speakers Association Hall of Fame for lifetime achievement in the speaking profession.
Hyken works with companies to revolutionize their approach to customer service and to help them build loyalty and longstanding relationships with their clients. In this episode, Hyken details the ways in which becoming the company that is most convenient to do business with can help you stand out from the competition and create lifelong customers.
Questions I ask Shep Hyken:
- Why convenience as a revolution? Hasn’t convenience always been a good idea?
- How can a small business owner apply the friction reduction principles used by a giant company, like Amazon, to strengthen their company?
- Where can small business owners begin to look for places to unearth the potential for innovation?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why you’re now expected to compete with the best customer service a client’s ever received from anyone, rather than just your direct competitors
- How to use what your competitors are doing as a benchmark, not a goal
- Why looking outside your industry can help you find inspiration for innovation
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Shep Hyken:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape marketing agency Podcast is brought to you by Gusto! Payroll and benefits are hard. Especially when you’re a small business. Gusto is making payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses. You no longer have to be a big company to get great technology, great benefits, and great service to take care of your team.
To help support the show, Gusto is offering our listeners an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today, and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/TAPE.