Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Long live email: Why email’s future remains bright
Feb 1, 2019 by Len Shneyder
Part 3 of this email marketing agency series looks at what email has in store in the coming years and why its growth and continued relevance is all but assured.
Why clients in-house and what agencies can (and can’t) do about it
Feb 1, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
Clients moving services in-house isn’t a new challenge, but our survey found it tops the list of digital agency concerns.
In a world of facts, ideas are king
Feb 1, 2019 by Peter Minnium
Compelling ads are more than a checklist of behavioral triggers. They must engage the audience’s imagination.
How does an omnichannel vision increase sales?
Feb 1, 2019 by David Le Douarin
An omnichannel strategy creates a comprehensive view of the customer’s journey to deliver the right message, at the right time, without pressure or over-solicitation.
Amazon’s ad business continues to soar, topped $3 billion for first time in Q4
Feb 1, 2019 by Ginny Marvin
The e-commerce giant raked in $10 billion in advertising revenue in 2018.
Search News From Around The Web:
- Creating Smart Shopping campaigns with the local inventory ads setting enabled will be rejected, Google Ads Developer Blog
- French regulator orders Google to take measures on advertising, Reuters
- Google Search has a ‘Superb Owl’ Easter Egg for the Big Game, 9to5Google
- Internal Links for SEO: An Actionable Guide, ahrefs.com
- Microsoft Sees Bing Ad Revenue Inch Upward, MediaPost
- Webinar: Mobile-First Indexing: What Got You There, Won’t Get You Here, MobileMoxie Blog
- 3 Search Marketing Takeaways from SMX West 2019, CMS Wire
- Alexa skills top 80,000 after a big Alexa-powered holiday season, TechCrunch
- Daniel Waisberg Joins Google Webmaster Team As Search Advocate, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s John Mueller Can Send Personal Messages Via Google Search Console, Search Engine Roundtable
- Reach your full account potential with optimization score – Google Ads Help, Google